By Kenny Eckardt - 28th October 2020 6:30am
Sadly, Georgie Eckardt lost her long running battle with cancer and quietly slipped away on the night of October 20th.
Coming to Haddenham, from Puerto Rico, in June 1991 along with her husband, Kenny and children Robin and Philip ... we all felt that we found a real home after traveling and living in a number of different places abroad over the years.
Georgie was very active at St. Mary's Church in Haddenham for many years beginning with Sunday School then heavily involved in Prayer Ministry.
Her time was far too short, but her family have to trust in the Lord's timing. She was much loved by her family and will be greatly missed.
Georgie's funeral will be a 'Graveside Service' conducted by Rev. Trish Mander at the Aylesbury Vale Natural Burial Meadow, on November 6th. Sadly, due to COVID restrictions we have to limit attendance to family and a few close friends.
We are requesting that no flowers be sent, but if you wish to make a donation to the Florence Nightengale Hospice Charity or to Cancer Research UK in the name of Georgie that would be most kind.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Here's the latest missive from Martin Tett, Leader of Buckinghamshire Council, dated 19th January 2021:The COVID-19 vaccine programme has gathered pace since I last wrote and I wanted to update you on the latest news:Nearly 20,000 Bucks residents have now received their COVID-19 vaccineAll Buckinghamshire residents aged 80 and above will be offered a vaccine appointment through...
Dr Howcutt is doing an excellent job keeping us all up-to-date with the latest Covid Vaccination News. Here's his latest communication, dated Tuesday 19th January 2021:As part of our ongoing efforts to get our patients vaccinated as soon as possible, we are working closely with practices across Buckinghamshire. You may therefore get an invitation to go to another vaccine hub to receive...
Buckinghamshire Council and Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service are calling on residents to recycle small electrical devices and batteries safely in order to prevent fires. This advice follows an incident on Monday morning (18th January) in Padbury where a fire broke out on board one of Buckinghamshire Council's waste vehicles.The cause of the fire, which was quickly responded to by both...