By Haddenham Webteam - 27th June 2020 4:45pm
We are saddened to report the demise of Maureen Green who passed away on Tuesday 23rd June, after a short battle with pancreatic cancer.
She has lived in Stockwell Furlong since the 1960s with her husband Graham.
They brought up their two boys, Jeff & Steve, there.
Maureen and Graham were among a very active group of local residents who comprised the original Haddenham Health Supporters' Group back in the 1980s and 90s.
More recently Maureen was part of the U3A. She also attended Aston Sanford church, which is where she wants her ashes to be buried and her family hope to do this in a memorial service next year.
Maureen attended most of the village fairs and for the last two years she allowed the grandkids to put a scarecrow in the garden.
Maureen's funeral will take place on Friday 3rd July at 10.30am but, due to Covid restrictions, this is for family/close friends by invitation only.
She will be leaving Stockwell Furlong at 10.00am if anyone would like to say goodbye.
Family flowers only, but donations (if desired) will be split between Florence Nightingale Hospice & Pancreatic Cancer UK, c/o F. J. Wilson
A memorial will take place to remember Maureen next year when all her friends are welcome to attend
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Here's the latest missive from Martin Tett, Leader of Buckinghamshire Council, dated 19th January 2021:The COVID-19 vaccine programme has gathered pace since I last wrote and I wanted to update you on the latest news:Nearly 20,000 Bucks residents have now received their COVID-19 vaccineAll Buckinghamshire residents aged 80 and above will be offered a vaccine appointment through...
Dr Howcutt is doing an excellent job keeping us all up-to-date with the latest Covid Vaccination News. Here's his latest communication, dated Tuesday 19th January 2021:As part of our ongoing efforts to get our patients vaccinated as soon as possible, we are working closely with practices across Buckinghamshire. You may therefore get an invitation to go to another vaccine hub to receive...
Buckinghamshire Council and Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service are calling on residents to recycle small electrical devices and batteries safely in order to prevent fires. This advice follows an incident on Monday morning (18th January) in Padbury where a fire broke out on board one of Buckinghamshire Council's waste vehicles.The cause of the fire, which was quickly responded to by both...