Foyer of VH
Towsend Community Orchard
By Robyn Thorogood - 3rd March 2019 2:00pm
Volunteer Manager of the Snakemoor Nature Reserve, Robyn Thorogood, reports:
We had 16 willing volunteers to assist in maintaining Snakemoor on Saturday morning, 2nd March and as a result we were able to complete a lot of important jobs:
- The Willow tunnel improved by threading and tying new growth.
- Waste from the hedge laying cleared.
- Snowdrops thinned and moved to bank behind pond Willow
(some were also taken for establishing on Green Lane).
- Branches in ditch removed.
- Some dead wood piles cleared.
- Fallen tree on pond bank and others cut up and removed.
- Two log seats cut from lying tree trunk and installed at ditch waterfall.
- Unwanted tree whips removed (these will be used elsewhere).
- Small Box cuttings planted.
Sincere thanks to the two Michaels (Philip & Whitney) for bringing a chain saw and a tractor with trailer.
The workers were: Andy Hardy, Gerry and Sue Mitchell, Mick Whitney, Roberta Watte, John & Karen Pawsey, Andrew & Mary Hearsey, Jim Joiner, Michael Phillips, Peter Quilleash, Ros Hawarth, Wendy Brazier, Chris & Robyn.
Thanks also to Chris Thorogood for the refreshments.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
JMW Vicary, the Haddenham pharmacy, has advised that prescription requests will be available to collect in 5 working days from the date of request. The pharmacy is very full now of medicines waiting to be collected so if you did order your prescription over 5 days ago, please collect it from them as soon as possible to help them create some space. Anyone who has requested home delivery will...
Here is the latest update from the new unitary council for Buckinghamshire, dated 02 April 2020Dear Resident,We have now become one new council, Buckinghamshire Council, providing all council services in Buckinghamshire, to all of our residents, as one team.This change has come at an incredibly testing time but I am so proud of how our teams have risen to the challenge. We are working...
Here is a list of local suppliers — what they deliver and how to order(With grateful thanks to Nick & Liz Lock)Simply open the PDF to...