St Mary's Centre
WRR in village hall
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Thames Valley Police - 18th July 2019 10:00am
Thames Valley Police (TVP) have cancelled their open day due to safety concerns following a severe weather warning. It was scheduled to take place on Saturday 10th August at the TVP training centre in Sulhamstead. Hopefuly it will be reinstated next year.
Details of the original post:
The Roads Policing Unit, Forensic Investigations Unit, Contact Management team and Specialist Operations team are just a handful of over 50 exhibitors who will be attending to showcase their work.
- Displays from our dogs section, our local search and rescue dogs and our public order team who have a new twist in store this year.
- The force helicopter will be dropping by with an opportunity for you to meet the pilots and grab a photo.
- 11 exciting talks throughout the day; find out what family liaison is, what it's like to answer the 999 and 101 calls, and learn about the history of Thames Valley Police.
- A fancy dress competition, dress in your best police themed costume to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize.
- Get involved in our scavenger hunt which will see you take a trip round our stalls to follow the clues and bring out your inner detective.
- Visit the museum and museum shop which will be celebrating its return to Sulhamstead.
As at previous events, TVP will also be raising funds for two worthy charities. This year the public's donations will go towards supporting PACT and Pilgrim Bandits.
Car parking is available on a first come, first served basis.
Assistance dogs are permitted to the event, other visitors with dogs will be turned away and dogs must not be left in vehicles.
Bag searches will be taking place upon entry to the event.
Entrance to the site is free.
Last entry will be at 3.30pm for a 4pm close.
Seating on site is limited, so please feel free to bring picnic blankets with you.
Venue address: Thames Valley Police Training Centre, Sulhamstead, near Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4DX.
TVP look forward to welcoming you to the event.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham & District Rotary are hosting a Charity Quiz Night on Saturday 26th October, in support of Rotary's global 'End Polio Now' programme to eradicate Polio worldwide.Only two countries remain in which Polio is present 'in the wild': Afghanistan and Pakistan. For every £1.00 raised, the Bill Gates Foundation gives £2.00 There are NO administration costs...
An unusually rich musical experience was enjoyed by those who attended the latest Aperitif Recital at St Mary's on Thursday 17th October. Richard Gowers, already an internationally distinguished organist at the age of 24, gave us a brilliant rendering of Julius Reubke's Sonata on the 94th psalm. Few in the audience will have heard of Reubke and most will have needed reminding of the...
Robyn Thorogood, Volunteer Manager of the Snakemoor Nature Reserve, writes...A sunny morning greeted us on Saturday 19th October and we had a great volunteer work group with 14 turn up to help maintain and improve Snakemoor. It was a very productive morning.A significant task was cutting and removing the increasingly large branches growing above the Willow tunnel. So big branches of the...