By Thames Valley Police - 18th July 2019 10:00am
Thames Valley Police (TVP) have cancelled their open day due to safety concerns following a severe weather warning. It was scheduled to take place on Saturday 10th August at the TVP training centre in Sulhamstead. Hopefuly it will be reinstated next year.
Details of the original post:
The Roads Policing Unit, Forensic Investigations Unit, Contact Management team and Specialist Operations team are just a handful of over 50 exhibitors who will be attending to showcase their work.
- Displays from our dogs section, our local search and rescue dogs and our public order team who have a new twist in store this year.
- The force helicopter will be dropping by with an opportunity for you to meet the pilots and grab a photo.
- 11 exciting talks throughout the day; find out what family liaison is, what it's like to answer the 999 and 101 calls, and learn about the history of Thames Valley Police.
- A fancy dress competition, dress in your best police themed costume to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize.
- Get involved in our scavenger hunt which will see you take a trip round our stalls to follow the clues and bring out your inner detective.
- Visit the museum and museum shop which will be celebrating its return to Sulhamstead.
As at previous events, TVP will also be raising funds for two worthy charities. This year the public's donations will go towards supporting PACT and Pilgrim Bandits.
Car parking is available on a first come, first served basis.
Assistance dogs are permitted to the event, other visitors with dogs will be turned away and dogs must not be left in vehicles.
Bag searches will be taking place upon entry to the event.
Entrance to the site is free.
Last entry will be at 3.30pm for a 4pm close.
Seating on site is limited, so please feel free to bring picnic blankets with you.
Venue address: Thames Valley Police Training Centre, Sulhamstead, near Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4DX.
TVP look forward to welcoming you to the event.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Aged 50 years or above? Not yet had a flu jab? Your country, your local community and your NHS needs you!Having flu and COVID together could be very serious. Some of the symptoms of flu and COVID are similar, which might mean that people who caught flu need to self-isolate and be tested unnecessarily. This year, therefore, the Government has extended the availability of free NHS flu vaccines to...
Bunches of flowers are being left around the village for anyone to pick up and take home. It seems one of the village's voluntary group is distributing these on benches, bus stops, car parks, station platforms and other locations.There is a message attached which says "This bunch of flowers is for you! Please take them home and enjoy them. In this strange time of great difficulty, this...
As many residents will be aware, the application for Change of Use by Mr James Collins, owner of the Green Dragon, was rejected by AVDC Planning. It subsequently went to appeal and the AVDC rejection was upheld. Last week Mr Collins submitted a further appeal against the decision....!Residents may also recall that the Green Dragon is listed for sale with an "overage" clause on it...