Community Infant School
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Thames Valley Police - 18th July 2019 10:00am
Thames Valley Police (TVP) have cancelled their open day due to safety concerns following a severe weather warning. It was scheduled to take place on Saturday 10th August at the TVP training centre in Sulhamstead. Hopefuly it will be reinstated next year.
Details of the original post:
The Roads Policing Unit, Forensic Investigations Unit, Contact Management team and Specialist Operations team are just a handful of over 50 exhibitors who will be attending to showcase their work.
- Displays from our dogs section, our local search and rescue dogs and our public order team who have a new twist in store this year.
- The force helicopter will be dropping by with an opportunity for you to meet the pilots and grab a photo.
- 11 exciting talks throughout the day; find out what family liaison is, what it's like to answer the 999 and 101 calls, and learn about the history of Thames Valley Police.
- A fancy dress competition, dress in your best police themed costume to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize.
- Get involved in our scavenger hunt which will see you take a trip round our stalls to follow the clues and bring out your inner detective.
- Visit the museum and museum shop which will be celebrating its return to Sulhamstead.
As at previous events, TVP will also be raising funds for two worthy charities. This year the public's donations will go towards supporting PACT and Pilgrim Bandits.
Car parking is available on a first come, first served basis.
Assistance dogs are permitted to the event, other visitors with dogs will be turned away and dogs must not be left in vehicles.
Bag searches will be taking place upon entry to the event.
Entrance to the site is free.
Last entry will be at 3.30pm for a 4pm close.
Seating on site is limited, so please feel free to bring picnic blankets with you.
Venue address: Thames Valley Police Training Centre, Sulhamstead, near Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4DX.
TVP look forward to welcoming you to the event.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We are pleased to announce that a further supply of flu vaccines has safely arrived at the practice. More flu clinic appointments are now available to book online and through reception. Please book online if you can to help our very busy reception team. Please book an appointment only if you are eligible for a free NHS flu jab. For now, we are prioritising those over 65 years of age and...
Walk-in COVID booster vaccinations available at Stoke Mandeville this Friday & SaturdayEligible people can 'walk in' for their COVID-19 booster, six months after their second dose, at the Guttmann Centre vaccination site in Aylesbury, operated by Oxford Health, this Friday and Saturday (15th & 16th October) from 9.30am-7pm.Those eligible for the COVID booster programme...
On Thursday 14th October Mr Clifford Rennie appeared at Wycombe Magistrates Court, charged with two counts of causing death by driving without due care and attention — the second hearing of the case in relation to the deaths of local cyclists, Damien Natale and Andy Coles.The prosecuting lawyer indicated that there was no evidence that Mr Rennie was exceeding the 60 mph speed limit or that he...