By Thames Valley Police - 18th July 2019 10:00am
Thames Valley Police (TVP) have cancelled their open day due to safety concerns following a severe weather warning. It was scheduled to take place on Saturday 10th August at the TVP training centre in Sulhamstead. Hopefuly it will be reinstated next year.
Details of the original post:
The Roads Policing Unit, Forensic Investigations Unit, Contact Management team and Specialist Operations team are just a handful of over 50 exhibitors who will be attending to showcase their work.
- Displays from our dogs section, our local search and rescue dogs and our public order team who have a new twist in store this year.
- The force helicopter will be dropping by with an opportunity for you to meet the pilots and grab a photo.
- 11 exciting talks throughout the day; find out what family liaison is, what it's like to answer the 999 and 101 calls, and learn about the history of Thames Valley Police.
- A fancy dress competition, dress in your best police themed costume to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize.
- Get involved in our scavenger hunt which will see you take a trip round our stalls to follow the clues and bring out your inner detective.
- Visit the museum and museum shop which will be celebrating its return to Sulhamstead.
As at previous events, TVP will also be raising funds for two worthy charities. This year the public's donations will go towards supporting PACT and Pilgrim Bandits.
Car parking is available on a first come, first served basis.
Assistance dogs are permitted to the event, other visitors with dogs will be turned away and dogs must not be left in vehicles.
Bag searches will be taking place upon entry to the event.
Entrance to the site is free.
Last entry will be at 3.30pm for a 4pm close.
Seating on site is limited, so please feel free to bring picnic blankets with you.
Venue address: Thames Valley Police Training Centre, Sulhamstead, near Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4DX.
TVP look forward to welcoming you to the event.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
If you are hoping to be early in the queue for a Covid vacination, here is a helpful 'walk-through' video to help you understand the process before you get to the Vaccination Centre.It shows you what to expect when you are booked in for your Covid vaccine at the Stoke Mandceville Stadium and gives an outline of the process from start to finish. You can access it by clicking on this...
Interested in discounted solar panels? The Solar Streets project has been extended to Haddenham residents and businesses.Zero Carbon Haddenham are hosting a Solar Streets Q&A session Zoom on Thu 21st Jan 2021, 7.30-8.30pm.To register for the meeting and find out more information, click here: https://solarstreets.co.uk/haddenham.11(https://solarstree...
Buckinghamshire Council has published the following detailed account of the Covid vaccination programme for the countyCovid-19 Vaccination ProgrammeStatus as at Tuesday 12th January 2021Summary of latest informationNumber of residents vaccinated to 12 January 2021: approximately 12,000Two additional GP led vaccination sites will launch this week in Aylesbury and Central Wycombe...