River Trip: leaving HVH at 9.30am
via Gay Jordan
By Thames Valley Police - 18th July 2019 10:00am
Thames Valley Police (TVP) have cancelled their open day due to safety concerns following a severe weather warning. It was scheduled to take place on Saturday 10th August at the TVP training centre in Sulhamstead. Hopefuly it will be reinstated next year.
Details of the original post:
The Roads Policing Unit, Forensic Investigations Unit, Contact Management team and Specialist Operations team are just a handful of over 50 exhibitors who will be attending to showcase their work.
- Displays from our dogs section, our local search and rescue dogs and our public order team who have a new twist in store this year.
- The force helicopter will be dropping by with an opportunity for you to meet the pilots and grab a photo.
- 11 exciting talks throughout the day; find out what family liaison is, what it's like to answer the 999 and 101 calls, and learn about the history of Thames Valley Police.
- A fancy dress competition, dress in your best police themed costume to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize.
- Get involved in our scavenger hunt which will see you take a trip round our stalls to follow the clues and bring out your inner detective.
- Visit the museum and museum shop which will be celebrating its return to Sulhamstead.
As at previous events, TVP will also be raising funds for two worthy charities. This year the public's donations will go towards supporting PACT and Pilgrim Bandits.
Car parking is available on a first come, first served basis.
Assistance dogs are permitted to the event, other visitors with dogs will be turned away and dogs must not be left in vehicles.
Bag searches will be taking place upon entry to the event.
Entrance to the site is free.
Last entry will be at 3.30pm for a 4pm close.
Seating on site is limited, so please feel free to bring picnic blankets with you.
Venue address: Thames Valley Police Training Centre, Sulhamstead, near Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4DX.
TVP look forward to welcoming you to the event.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Local teenage bands are being offered the opportunity to play before a live audience during the Feast Festival (Friday 20 September).Rock in the Village Hall is a unique event for Haddenham, reflecting the diversity of the village's cultural tastes. The event is headlined by 'Bad Solution', an Anglo-Polish hi-energy progressive metal band. But the event also provides a stage for...
ZKS Martial Arts are offering free taster sessions to youngsters who would like to explore the delights of martial arts.The classes take place at Haddenham St Mary's School.Register your children for a free trial and make the most of the free joining pack in September (worth up to £26)!! http://www.zksmartialarts.co.uk//?fbclid=IwAR3GdSsdYCfdJ-527xvKU5WYYLn4k5zp...
Who's the Shoutiest Person in Haddenham?!Oyez! Oyez! Oyez! All villagers to gather at the Kings Head at 8pm on Thursday 22nd August, where the People will decide who will be the Feast Festival Crier.As a bit of fun for the Feast Festival, anyone with a loud voice is encouraged to enter the Crier competition being held at the Kings Head next Thursday evening. Anyone who wants to have a...