Three Horseshoes Pub, Towersey
Walter Rose Room, HVH
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Thames Valley Police - 18th July 2019 10:00am
Thames Valley Police (TVP) have cancelled their open day due to safety concerns following a severe weather warning. It was scheduled to take place on Saturday 10th August at the TVP training centre in Sulhamstead. Hopefuly it will be reinstated next year.
Details of the original post:
The Roads Policing Unit, Forensic Investigations Unit, Contact Management team and Specialist Operations team are just a handful of over 50 exhibitors who will be attending to showcase their work.
- Displays from our dogs section, our local search and rescue dogs and our public order team who have a new twist in store this year.
- The force helicopter will be dropping by with an opportunity for you to meet the pilots and grab a photo.
- 11 exciting talks throughout the day; find out what family liaison is, what it's like to answer the 999 and 101 calls, and learn about the history of Thames Valley Police.
- A fancy dress competition, dress in your best police themed costume to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize.
- Get involved in our scavenger hunt which will see you take a trip round our stalls to follow the clues and bring out your inner detective.
- Visit the museum and museum shop which will be celebrating its return to Sulhamstead.
As at previous events, TVP will also be raising funds for two worthy charities. This year the public's donations will go towards supporting PACT and Pilgrim Bandits.
Car parking is available on a first come, first served basis.
Assistance dogs are permitted to the event, other visitors with dogs will be turned away and dogs must not be left in vehicles.
Bag searches will be taking place upon entry to the event.
Entrance to the site is free.
Last entry will be at 3.30pm for a 4pm close.
Seating on site is limited, so please feel free to bring picnic blankets with you.
Venue address: Thames Valley Police Training Centre, Sulhamstead, near Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4DX.
TVP look forward to welcoming you to the event.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
This Sunday the 25th February the first Board Games Club will take place at the Airfield Pavilion, 2pm — 4:30pm Discover a world of gaming with an extensive board game collection! From classic family favourites to modern gems like Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride and more. There will be have a wide variety of games for younger children too, so bring the whole family...
Are you a relatively new resident in the village?Have you discovered the delights of Snakemoor yet — Haddenham's own little nature reserve, located on the West (Thame side) of the railway station?It's a wonderful area to walk and enjoy the countryside on our doorstep. And as you will see from the recent photographs kindly supplied by Gill Harvey, Spring is very much in sight. There...
A Proposal to Federate Haddenham Community Infant School and Haddenham Community Junior School from Autumn Term 2024Our Vision:Our vision for the Federation is to deliver an environment across the two schools where all pupils can thrive, by developing the existing close physical and working relationships between the schools.ProposalThe Governing Boards of Haddenham Community Infant...