Bradmoor Farm, Rear Car Park
Bradmoor Farm, Rear Car Park
By Thames Valley Police - 18th July 2019 10:00am
Thames Valley Police (TVP) have cancelled their open day due to safety concerns following a severe weather warning. It was scheduled to take place on Saturday 10th August at the TVP training centre in Sulhamstead. Hopefuly it will be reinstated next year.
Details of the original post:
The Roads Policing Unit, Forensic Investigations Unit, Contact Management team and Specialist Operations team are just a handful of over 50 exhibitors who will be attending to showcase their work.
- Displays from our dogs section, our local search and rescue dogs and our public order team who have a new twist in store this year.
- The force helicopter will be dropping by with an opportunity for you to meet the pilots and grab a photo.
- 11 exciting talks throughout the day; find out what family liaison is, what it's like to answer the 999 and 101 calls, and learn about the history of Thames Valley Police.
- A fancy dress competition, dress in your best police themed costume to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize.
- Get involved in our scavenger hunt which will see you take a trip round our stalls to follow the clues and bring out your inner detective.
- Visit the museum and museum shop which will be celebrating its return to Sulhamstead.
As at previous events, TVP will also be raising funds for two worthy charities. This year the public's donations will go towards supporting PACT and Pilgrim Bandits.
Car parking is available on a first come, first served basis.
Assistance dogs are permitted to the event, other visitors with dogs will be turned away and dogs must not be left in vehicles.
Bag searches will be taking place upon entry to the event.
Entrance to the site is free.
Last entry will be at 3.30pm for a 4pm close.
Seating on site is limited, so please feel free to bring picnic blankets with you.
Venue address: Thames Valley Police Training Centre, Sulhamstead, near Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4DX.
TVP look forward to welcoming you to the event.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Social media continues to grow apace and takes many forms. The webteam at Haddenham dotNet is aware that a new option is currently being touted as 'the new means of staying in touch with your neighbours in the local community'. Some readers may have received emails or even letters looking to recruit them to this new platform.Clearly, we all value choice.However, the latest offering...
We have received the following from Alan Watkins.Margaret's funeral will be held on Wednesday 19th May at 1.30pm, at Haddenham Parish Church of St Mary's, followed by burial at Aston Sandford Church.Due to current Covid social distancing restrictions there will be limitations on church attendance (50 people only) so attendance will be by invitation only to family and closest...
With Covid restrictions now easing, the Simply Walk activity has started up again.These are relatively easy strolls on rural village paths and field paths, and take place starting at three local locations: Stonefrom the Methodist Chapel, Eythrope Road, HP17 8PG — once a fortnightHaddenhamfrom Bradmoor Farm (rear car park), Stanbridge Road, HP17 8JX — once every 4...