Airfield Recreation Ground
St Mary's Church
By Thames Valley Police - 18th July 2019 10:00am
Thames Valley Police (TVP) have cancelled their open day due to safety concerns following a severe weather warning. It was scheduled to take place on Saturday 10th August at the TVP training centre in Sulhamstead. Hopefuly it will be reinstated next year.
Details of the original post:
The Roads Policing Unit, Forensic Investigations Unit, Contact Management team and Specialist Operations team are just a handful of over 50 exhibitors who will be attending to showcase their work.
- Displays from our dogs section, our local search and rescue dogs and our public order team who have a new twist in store this year.
- The force helicopter will be dropping by with an opportunity for you to meet the pilots and grab a photo.
- 11 exciting talks throughout the day; find out what family liaison is, what it's like to answer the 999 and 101 calls, and learn about the history of Thames Valley Police.
- A fancy dress competition, dress in your best police themed costume to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize.
- Get involved in our scavenger hunt which will see you take a trip round our stalls to follow the clues and bring out your inner detective.
- Visit the museum and museum shop which will be celebrating its return to Sulhamstead.
As at previous events, TVP will also be raising funds for two worthy charities. This year the public's donations will go towards supporting PACT and Pilgrim Bandits.
Car parking is available on a first come, first served basis.
Assistance dogs are permitted to the event, other visitors with dogs will be turned away and dogs must not be left in vehicles.
Bag searches will be taking place upon entry to the event.
Entrance to the site is free.
Last entry will be at 3.30pm for a 4pm close.
Seating on site is limited, so please feel free to bring picnic blankets with you.
Venue address: Thames Valley Police Training Centre, Sulhamstead, near Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4DX.
TVP look forward to welcoming you to the event.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Carwithen Music Festival began on Friday 1st July — a celebration of Doreen Carwithen's centenary, here in Haddenham, her place of birth.Doreen Carwithen lived in the building in High Street, now owned by Peter and Margaret Aldington and housing the studios of photographer Paul Wilkinson.A blue plaque was unveiled there by Debbie Wiseman OBE, president of the festival and one of the...
The Community Orchard at Townsend Green has been undergoing some improvements recently to help wheelchair users and those with limited mobility access to the orchard and participate in events. The improvement work includes a new 'accessible gate', hard surface paths and raised beds that can be maintained by wheelchair users.The orchard improvement work is part of an approach to active...
Zero Carbon Haddenham are hosting a stimulating talk on electric cars in the conference room at Haddenham village hall on Tuesday 5th July at 7.30pm. This will be a hybrid event (in person and via Zoom) and for the live talk you can turn up on the door without pre-booking. For the online version please sign in via this Eventbrite link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/climate...