S&SC, Woodways Rec.
Tickety Brew cafe
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 23rd October 2013 8:00am
Whilst many people enjoy taking part in the festivities surrounding Hallowe'en, there will also be some Haddenham residents, especially the elderly or those living alone, who would prefer not to be disturbed.
If you feel unsafe
- Don't open your door if you're unsure who is there. Use your spy-hole, look out of a window, and use your door chain if you do decide to open your door.
- Have a contact number of a close relative or good neighbour to hand by your telephone, just in case you need to phone them.
- If you are part of a Neighbourhood Watch scheme, let your coordinator know that you will be on your own at Halloween. If you are a coordinator, please identity people in your scheme that may be vulnerable and offer them reassurance.
- Consider downloading and displaying the poster available on this page — click on the file below the image.
Police Advice to Parents:
Follow these tips to help keep everyone happy and safe this Halloween If you have young children:
- Never let them go trick or treating on their own.
- Make sure you accompany them and only visit people you know.
If you have teenagers:
- Make sure they don't have access to fireworks, alcohol, eggs or flour.
- Explain why they must not play tricks on strangers.
- Tell them that if nobody answers the door, or a 'No trick or treat' sign is on display, they must leave immediately.
- Remind them to stay with their friends and make sure they know that they should never enter the home of a stranger.
Thames Valley Police will not tolerate any anti-social behaviour at any time of the year.
To report anti-social behaviour, call 101, the 24-hour Thames Valley Police non-emergency number. If you feel threatened, it's an emergency, or a crime is in progress, call 999.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Residents often express concern over traffic speeds around the village, and some specific roads are a major concern.At the most recent parish council meeting (5th November) it was noted that the Sentinel speed camera has now been repaired. On a recent test run, just to make sure it was working, 81 cars were observed during a 1¼ hour period driving at over 35 mph (in a 30 mph zone) with five...
As you probably know, the Green Dragon pub in Churchway is to be marketed for sale by its current owners, Enterprise Inns.As residents of Haddenham, we are aware that the management of the pub has been erratic for some time now with multiple tenant/managers and prolonged periods of it being closed and unoccupied. It is even more frustrating that we finally have a member of our community in...
On Sunday morning, 11th November 2018, Churches Together in Haddenham hosted a Service of Remembrance in a packed St Mary's Parish Church, on the centenary of the WW1 Armistice.The 100 year commemoration service was led by Revd. Margot Hodson and the address was delivered by Revd. Nadine Rose.Members of local churches provided the readings. The prayers of intersession were led by Gill...