Tickety Brew Café
By Haddenham Webteam - 23rd October 2013 8:00am
Whilst many people enjoy taking part in the festivities surrounding Hallowe'en, there will also be some Haddenham residents, especially the elderly or those living alone, who would prefer not to be disturbed.
If you feel unsafe
- Don't open your door if you're unsure who is there. Use your spy-hole, look out of a window, and use your door chain if you do decide to open your door.
- Have a contact number of a close relative or good neighbour to hand by your telephone, just in case you need to phone them.
- If you are part of a Neighbourhood Watch scheme, let your coordinator know that you will be on your own at Halloween. If you are a coordinator, please identity people in your scheme that may be vulnerable and offer them reassurance.
- Consider downloading and displaying the poster available on this page — click on the file below the image.
Police Advice to Parents:
Follow these tips to help keep everyone happy and safe this Halloween If you have young children:
- Never let them go trick or treating on their own.
- Make sure you accompany them and only visit people you know.
If you have teenagers:
- Make sure they don't have access to fireworks, alcohol, eggs or flour.
- Explain why they must not play tricks on strangers.
- Tell them that if nobody answers the door, or a 'No trick or treat' sign is on display, they must leave immediately.
- Remind them to stay with their friends and make sure they know that they should never enter the home of a stranger.
Thames Valley Police will not tolerate any anti-social behaviour at any time of the year.
To report anti-social behaviour, call 101, the 24-hour Thames Valley Police non-emergency number. If you feel threatened, it's an emergency, or a crime is in progress, call 999.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We are saddened to bring news of the passing of Barbara Brant.This announcement from son and daughter-in-law Richard and Linda:We'd like to announce the death of Barbara Brant on 12th February 2020.Barbara lived in Haddenham for over 45 years with her husband, Colin, in Churchway. She was a pivotal member of the local community and had many friends here.Her Funeral Service will be...
New Local Walking and Cycling Routes — The Buckinghamshire GreenwayA report kindly précised by Cynthia FloudThe 'Buckinghamshire Greenway' is a unique and emerging vision for a transformational walking and cycling route stretching from Milton Keynes and Brackley to Uxbridge and Heathrow Airport, forming the north-south spine of a future countywide walking and cycling network made...
AVDC recently rejected an application for Change of Use by the current owner of the Green Dragon, who was hoping to convert the building for use as a residential dwelling.The owner has now appealed that decision. Here's the official blurb if you would like to submit comments.TOWN & COUNTRY PLANNING ACT 1990APPEAL UNDER SECTION 78Site Address: The Green Dragon 8 Churchway Haddenham...