Bradmoor Farm, Rear Car Park
Bradmoor Farm, Rear Car Park
By Haddenham Webteam - 23rd October 2013 8:00am
Whilst many people enjoy taking part in the festivities surrounding Hallowe'en, there will also be some Haddenham residents, especially the elderly or those living alone, who would prefer not to be disturbed.
If you feel unsafe
- Don't open your door if you're unsure who is there. Use your spy-hole, look out of a window, and use your door chain if you do decide to open your door.
- Have a contact number of a close relative or good neighbour to hand by your telephone, just in case you need to phone them.
- If you are part of a Neighbourhood Watch scheme, let your coordinator know that you will be on your own at Halloween. If you are a coordinator, please identity people in your scheme that may be vulnerable and offer them reassurance.
- Consider downloading and displaying the poster available on this page — click on the file below the image.
Police Advice to Parents:
Follow these tips to help keep everyone happy and safe this Halloween If you have young children:
- Never let them go trick or treating on their own.
- Make sure you accompany them and only visit people you know.
If you have teenagers:
- Make sure they don't have access to fireworks, alcohol, eggs or flour.
- Explain why they must not play tricks on strangers.
- Tell them that if nobody answers the door, or a 'No trick or treat' sign is on display, they must leave immediately.
- Remind them to stay with their friends and make sure they know that they should never enter the home of a stranger.
Thames Valley Police will not tolerate any anti-social behaviour at any time of the year.
To report anti-social behaviour, call 101, the 24-hour Thames Valley Police non-emergency number. If you feel threatened, it's an emergency, or a crime is in progress, call 999.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Haddenham pharmacy is doing AZ first and second jabs again from tomorrow for the next few weeks and will need some people for spare vaccines each day. Do you know anyone who: is over 40*, has not already had their first jab and would like to have the AZ vaccination at the Haddenham pharmacy? has already had AZ first jab and is waiting for their second jab... and had their first AZ...
Adrienne Ward's funeral will be held at Bierton Crematorium on Tuesday 18th May at 2pm. The Cortege will be passing through the village at 1.15pm, starting from Wilsons undertakers and travelling up Townside to the crossroads by the Rising Sun, through Fort End, past Banks Parade and along Woodways past the schools and then on to Bierton Crematorium.There will also be a Thanksgiving...
The following information has recently been published to explain where to access an appointment and how to access covid-19 vaccination status for travel: Stoke Mandeville Stadium Vaccination CentreLocal GP Surgeries are only offering COVID-19 vaccinations to those patients in priority groups 1-9 who have not yet had their first dose jab or are awaiting a second dose jab. Please do not...